This page has examples of past Bachelor End Projects, so you can get an idea of what projects are possible in the Medical Image Analysis group. Each student will have an individual project, but we try to cluster a number of them on a similar topic. In this way students can support each other to some extent. Obviously, you will also have a researcher from the group as supervisor.
- Validation of vessel quantification in fundus images
- Wisdom of the crowds for analysis of medical images
- Automatic assessment of skin capillary density
- Detecting diabetic retinopathy in retinal images using deep neural networks
- Functional MRI to diagnose and treat cognitive problems in epilepsy
- Automatic analysis of brain MRI
- Correction of blocking artifacts in histological images
- Segmentation of acini in breast terminal duct lobular units
More details about specific possible projects (including external projects at UMC) will be available later. If you think you would like to do your project in our group, you can register your choice with Rob van der Heijden AND by filling in this form before December 2nd 2017.
If you have any questions about doing a BEP on Medical Imaging, you can contact Josien Pluim, firstname.lastname@example.org.