Bachelor End Projects
Each student will have an individual project, but we try to cluster a number of them on a similar topic. In this way students can support each other to some extent. Obviously, you will have a researcher from the group as supervisor.
If you have any questions about doing a BEP on Medical Imaging, you can contact Josien Pluim, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of past BEPs:
- Retina analysis: validation of vessel width quantification
- Evaluation of MRI T2 mapping
- How do deep neural networks approach image registration?
- Brain infarct analysis with MRI
- Automatic analysis of brain MRI
Master End Projects
The projects below are listed in order of date they were added, from most recent to least recent one. You can ask us about any of the projects in this list, but with older ones there is a risk they are no longer open or the topic has changed. You can find numerous MSc theses of past projects from our group in the TU/e repository.
- Retrospective motion compensation in diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) MRI
- Cardiovascular MRI for the detection of early aortic atherosclerosis
- Increasing the Throughput of Electron Microscopy with AI-powered Image Analysis (3-month externship, with ThermoFisher)
- Determination of the exact position of the stimulation electrode during awake brain surgery (with Elisabeth-Tweesteden Hospital Tilburg)
- 7T MRI of the glymphatic system in Alzheimers disease
- Brain MRI super resolution
- MRI analysis in patients with cerebral small vessel disease
- Bone metastasis detection and segmentation
- Deep Learning for Novel Ultrasound Functional Imaging (UFI)
- Assessment of valvular regurgitation from x-ray imaging using a machine learning approach (with PIE Medical Imaging)
- Deep learning-based stomach segmentation in MR images to monitor gastric emptying and protein coagulation (with WUR)
- Deep learning infrastructure for efficiently and iteratively labeling and training deep neural networks (with Nobleo Technology)
- Evaluation of deep learning-based pseudo-CT generation for attenuation correction in PET-MRI (with UMC Utrecht)
- A prediction model of the effect of delineation uncertainties on dose in radiotherapy (with Catharina Hospital Eindhoven)
- Obtaining the actual delivered dose for image-guided online adaptive radiotherapy (with Catharina Hospital Eindhoven)
- Various MSc project at Maastro Clinic Maastricht: example 1, example 2
- Various projects at PIE Medical Imaging, Maastricht: Projects PIE Medical
- Various neuro MRI related projects at Maastricht UMC
The externship is a short-term project (14 weeks) to be performed abroad (preferably) or somewhere in the Netherlands that is not TU/e. Only foreign students are allowed to do their externship at TU/e. It is concluded by a report and a presentation at TU/e. For more information see the frequently asked questions.